Friday, January 16, 2009

So what if I am a Blackman?

What if I am a Blackman?

Or more commonly known as the African American

One who's blood has been shed from the Coasts to the heartland

Whether it's a light or a dark hand: we're all apart of God's plan

So you should be proud to say that you are a Blackman

So What if I am a Blackman?

I had to be a black boy, who came from a Black woman

The Black womb of man, look at the position I was put in

Stripped and humiliated, the hypocrites imitated

The strong barely made it, so I ask what's the basis?

Every sport we played it, an instrument you name it

Just look at Mike Jordan, Barry Bonds and Miles Davis

Our history is amazing yet you try and disgrace it

You deserve Nathan if you try and replace it

So what if I am a Blackman?

Do you compare me to the millions of souls on parole or probation?

In jail or in prison because they chose not to listen

Now they apart of a system without a pot to piss in

An education is what they missing so life barely paid attention

And you know every Blackman loves watermelon and chicken

And the point you should be getting is that it was already written

My intentions are simplistic, don't resist just envision it

So what if I am a Blackman?

Do you think of a 40oz bottle or the weed in his lungs?

Or maybe a fitted cap, a white tee and some ones

I know it sounds dumb but where do you think its from?

Others don't understand when we be like "what up son"?

"Whats good B" or Whats poppin G?

See MY G stands for great and ain't nobody stopping me

And as far as I can see it's all just a prophecy

So the Blackman is the key to ending this atrocity

So what if I am a Blackman?

You say it like it's a curse, like there is nothing worse

Is that women seem to have fear and hold tighter to they purse

Or why it hurts cuz too often is another one in a hurse

But those are the same ones who never went to church

Never went to work and they had it bad since birth

Now they selling crack and robbing people doing lots of dirt.

Nephews, cousins, uncles, fathers ,and brothaman

All facing trials and tribulations like no other man

Can't be an Uncle Tom, no love for uncle Sam

Far from a fantasy world this ain't a wonderland

Living in a world that only I can understand

So I sit in front of you and declare I am a Black man!

No comments:

Post a Comment